What is a Birth Doula?
A birth doula is a labor support professional that provides physical, emotional, and educational support throughout pregnancy, labor, and birth.
What to Expect From a Doula
- Empowering the pregnant person and their partner to advocate for themselves and their baby
- Support via call, text, or email throughout pregnancy
- Providing resources to help our clients prepare for labor, birth, and postpartum
- Suggesting labor positions to optimize baby’s position
- Making sure birthing person and partner stay hydrated and nourished
- Guidance in labor coping techniques
- Offering a calm and encouraging presence
- Available to help the birthing person establish breastfeeding immediately postpartum
- Willingness to labor at home with you before going to the hospital or birth center
- Helping to make the birth room a cozy, intimate environment (aromatherapy, twinkle lights, dim lighting)